We are inviting you to join us for a week of Prayer and Fasting.
January 17th – 21st, 2022
Join us as we pray and fast during the week of January 17th – 21st! Let’s believe together for what God has for your family, our church and our community.
JOIN WITH US IN PRAYER JANUARY 18TH & 19TH AT SANCTUARY CHURCH
JOIN US FOR WORSHIP JANUARY 20TH AT 7 PM AT SANCTUARY CHURCH
WHAT TO PRAY FOR:
- Monday, January 17th– Take time at home to pray with your family. Turn off the TV, put the phones away and pray together for one another and for the new year. You can also gather with friends to pray.
- Tuesday, January 18th– Join us at Sanctuary church from 7 pm to 8 pm for a night of prayer as we focus on praying for our church and community.
- Wednesday, January 19th – Join us at Sanctuary church from 7 pm to 8 pm for a night of prayer as we focus on praying for our church and community.
- Thursday, January 20th– Join us for Worship Night as we worship together! Let us gather ‘in one accord’ as scripture teaches, and worship Jesus together!
- Friday, January 21st– Walk or Drive around your neighborhood and community to pray for friends and neighbors. Pray for your community. Pray that God gives you opportunities to shine the light of Jesus where you live.
HOW TO PRAY DURING PERSONAL TIME OF PRAYER:
- Allow the Holy Spirit to Lead You
- Take time in your time of prayer to listen to the Holy Spirit
- Commit a time to pray each day
- Share with us what God is speaking to you
- Let us know how we can pray for you at email@example.com.
SCRIPTURE RELATED TO FASTING: Matthew 6:16-18, Acts 10:30-35, Matthew 6:33, Daniel 10:2-3, Daniel 10:12-14, Matthew 4:1-2, Luke 22:39, Daniel 6:10, Acts 10:2,
TYPES OF FASTS:
REGULAR FAST. This is when you only have liquids and you don’t eat any food for a specific amount of time. Examples of what you could take in during this fast. Water, Milk, Juice, Tomato Soup, Broth and the like.
PARTIAL FAST. This is where you give up specific foods and beverages for a specific amount of time. Examples of what you could take in during this fast. Anything other than the foods and beverages you have dedicated towards the fast.
FULL FAST. During this fast you would not eat or drink anything. Examples of what you could take in during this fast.
ALTERNATE OPTION. Traditionally, food is the focus in scripture for fasting. For some however, food is not an option, you can consider giving up media or something that is otherwise time consuming.
THINGS YOU CAN PRAY FOR:
Wisdom from God, favor in circumstances, God’s direction in your life, salvation of friends and family, health issues and healing physical and emotionally, addictions, finances, marriage, family, friends, Christ like character, missions, missionaries, our nation, our leaders, the local church, or whatever the Lord places on your heart.
WAYS YOU CAN PRAY:
SIT AND LISTEN– Sit and listen to what the Holy Spirit may be saying to you.
SCRIPTURE– allow scripture to speak to you. Meditate on passages. Possible passages to start with: Psalms 63:1-5, Psalms 51:10-12
PETITION- Place before God your needs, concerns, situations, and requests.
WORSHIP- Take time to list to worship and allow the songs minister to you and the songs encourage you.
THANKSGIVING- Take time to express gratitude to God for all He does and has done. Think of all the things to be thankful for.
MAP OUT YOUR PLAN FOR PERSONAL PRAYER:
TYPE OF FAST I WILL BE DOING:
WHAT I PRAY FOR THE CHURCH
WHAT I PRAY FOR THE COMMUNITY
WHAT I AM PRAYING FOR MY FAMILY
WHAT I AM PRAYING FOR ME PERSONALLY