We are inviting you to join us for a week of Prayer and Fasting.
September 13th – 17th, 2021
JOIN WITH US IN PRAYER WEDNESDAY NIGHT 7 PM AT SANCTUARY CHURCH
I have heard countless stories of the struggles that many are facing. For some it is financial, for some it is spiritual, some emotional, and for others it is physical. It is in these seasons that God calls us, more than ever, to pray. So let us pray.
WHAT TO PRAY FOR:
- Monday, Sept 13th, take time to pray with your family
- Tuesday, Sept 14th, walk or drive around your neighborhood pray for your neighbors and friends
- Wednesday, Sept 15th, join us at 7 PM for a Prayer Meeting at the Church as we pray for our Church and Community
- Thursday, Sept 16th, connect with another person and pray for one another
- Friday, Sept 17th, take time to pray for our Nation, State, and Local Community
HOW TO PRAY:
- Allow the Holy Spirit to Lead You
- Take time in your time of prayer to listen to the Holy Spirit
- Commit a time to pray each day
- Share with us what God is speaking to you
- Let us know how we can pray for you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCRIPTURE RELATED TO FASTING: Matthew 6:16-18, Acts 10:30-35, Matthew 6:33, Daniel 10:2-3, Daniel 10:12-14, Matthew 4:1-2, Luke 22:39, Daniel 6:10, Acts 10:2,
TYPES OF FASTS:
REGULAR FAST. This is when you only have liquids and you don’t eat any food for a specific amount of time. Examples of what you could take in during this fast. Water, Milk, Juice, Tomato Soup, Broth and the like.
PARTIAL FAST. This is where you give up specific foods and beverages for a specific amount of time. Examples of what you could take in during this fast. Anything other than the foods and beverages you have dedicated towards the fast.
FULL FAST. During this fast you would not eat or drink anything. Examples of what you could take in during this fast.
ALTERNATE OPTION. Traditionally, food is the focus in scripture for fasting. For some however, food is not an option, you can consider giving up media or something that is otherwise time consuming.
THINGS YOU CAN PRAY FOR:
Wisdom from God, favor in circumstances, God’s direction in your life, salvation of friends and family, health issues and healing physical and emotionally, addictions, finances, marriage, family, friends, Christ like character, missions, missionaries, our nation, our leaders, the local church, or whatever the Lord places on your heart.
WAYS YOU CAN PRAY:
SIT AND LISTEN– Sit and listen to what the Holy Spirit may be saying to you.
SCRIPTURE– allow scripture to speak to you. Meditate on passages. Possible passages to start with: Psalms 63:1-5, Psalms 51:10-12
PETITION- Place before God your needs, concerns, situations, and requests.
WORSHIP- Take time to list to worship and allow the songs minister to you and the songs encourage you.
THANKSGIVING- Take time to express gratitude to God for all He does and has done. Think of all the things to be thankful for.
MAP OUT YOUR PLAN FOR PERSONAL PRAYER:
TYPE OF FAST I WILL BE DOING:
WHAT I PRAY FOR THE CHURCH
WHAT I PRAY FOR THE COMMUNITY
WHAT I AM PRAYING FOR MY FAMILY
WHAT I AM PRAYING FOR ME PERSONALLY